3-year project (2015-2018), budget at 960,021 EUR, with partners from Belgium, Ireland, UK, the Netherlands, Poland and Cyprus.
The project aims at contributing to academic provision in accordance with faculty staff community needs by establishing or reinforcing the CTEs for continuous academic staff development connecting personal, professional and civic fulfilment responsibilities with the ‘transferable skills required for a rapidly changing world.
The project will enhance faculty staff capacities towards active learning and student-centered approaches, given the changing needs (knowledge, skills) among diverse groups.
The specific objectives of the project are the following:
- To contribute to academic provision in accordance with faculty and faculty staff community needs by establishing -or reinforcing existing - CTEs for continuous academic professional development connecting personal, professional and civic fulfilment responsibilities with the ‘transferable skills required today.
To deliver training materials for academic professional development via active learning and ICT-based models.
To produce a methodological instrument that appraise the effectiveness of the teaching enhancement developed by CTEs.
To create a digital repository with training materials for open use.
- To disseminate the results nationally and internationally involving EU actors and other educational key stakeholders.
To create support structures in CTEs that outline conditions for project sustainability.
To implement adequate tools for QA & management for the project.
The project has 5 work packages:
1. Establishment and/or modernization of CTEs
2. Design of the professional academic training programs in 5 areas
3. Pilot project by CTEs. Academic staff trained using 5 teaching modules will teach students using newly acquired knowledge and skills.
4. QA implementation
5. Dissemination and exploitation of project and project outcomes
6. Project management.
The project coordinator is Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya. Beit Berl College is responsible for WP3: Pilot project by CTEs. Academic staff trained using 5 teaching modules will teach students using newly acquired knowledge and skills.
The project leader at Beit Berl College is Dr. Noa Ragunis.